As the previous year has shown, there is little point in making definitive plans; some events are simply beyond our control. In the face of uncertainty, Seneca’s motto “live immediately” sounds like the best principle to live by in 2021.
I have drawn up a list of things I would like to achieve in 2021. Some will depend to a large extent on external circumstances, whereas others will be mainly down to my own motivation and ability to self-organise when life gets busy.
I can live immediately by…
- making more time to blog and working on the Vagabond Daily project
- keeping a journal and tracking my personal development
- starting building up my savings (and thus a future travel fund!)
- getting to know my new DSLR camera
- continuing with my online Pilates classes
- working on my French and Spanish
Once the restrictions are lifted, I intend to:
- become better at climbing 6A routes
- return to equipment Pilates in the studio
- book an outdoor climbing course
- go on regular (coastal) hiking trips
- visit Rome
- travel to Poland
- escape to the sun after Christmas and say hello to 2022 in warmer climes
I would love to:
- venture outside of Europe this year: Southeast Asia, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Japan and Canada are on my wish list
- learn to surf
- be able to work a four-day week
Let’s see how many of my plans will materialise. What’s on your list?